The leading undergraduate psychology of religion textbook, this engaging ebook, Invitation to the Psychology of Religion 3rd edition (PDF) synthesizes cutting-edge theories and findings into an accessible account enlivened by personal reflections and contemporary examples. Raymond F. Paloutzian offers an authoritative overview of theoretical and empirical foundations; developmental, experiential, personality, and sociocultural dimensions of spirituality and religion; and clinical implications. Students are also given food for thought about bigger questions–how religion influences their own lives; what beliefs or values they hold most dear; and how to live in a multireligious, multicultural world. Each chapter opens with a brief topic outline and concludes with “Take-Home Messages” and suggestions for further reading.
New to This Third Edition:
- *Increased attention to multicultural issues.
- *Descriptions of cutting-edge research methods.
- *Reflects many years of theoretical and scientific advances.
- *Chapters on personality, psychological theories, and physical health.
- *New organizing concepts: religious meaning systems and the multilevel interdisciplinary paradigm.
- *Additional pedagogical features, including end-of-chapter “Take-Home Messages” and engaging topic boxes.
Note: This purchase only includes “Invitation to the Psychology of Religion 3e PDF”. No online codes are included